Welcome to Mental Health and Faith Foundations Part I,
This introductory course is for professionals, faith leaders, lay persons, caregivers, and others who seek basic knowledge in mental health and faith integration. In this 7 week course, you will:
- Learn indicators of being called to mental health ministry.
- Learn the mind, body, spirit holistic approach to mental health.
- Review past systems of intervention for mental illness and current mental health infrastructure.
- Learn basic tools for mental health and faith integration in various settings.
- Learn basic structure for mental health evangelism and outreach.
- Learn the importance of self and family care while engaging in mental health ministry.
This introductory course is the first of a two part series. Learners who complete part I and part II will meet basic requirements of Faith Solutions to Mental Health and will earn the Faith Solutions to Mental Health - Certification in Mental Health Ministry.